Monday, January 10, 2005

Just these massive dots

"When I was a little kid, I use to put my face right up to them, ya know, and I was just amazed, it was just these massive dots. I think life is like that sometimes. But, I like to think that from God's perspective, life, everything, even this...makes sense. It's not just dots. Instead, we're all, we're all connected, and it's beautiful and it's funny, and it's good. From this close, we can't expect it to make sense right now."
----Steve Sandvoss in "Latter Days"


You know, besides being a really good movie, this quote really got to me. I don't know what it was. Here is this Mormom missionary talking with a woman who just had to pull the plug on one of her closest companions and I find myself rewinding it over and over again. Maybe it's because of all the things that have been going on lately. My grandmother isn't doing very well and is basically surviving on life support. My car was totaled. I ended a friendship. Everything just seemed like a bunch of massive dots. I've had these type of situations before and somehow, miraculously, it always works out, in some way, good or bad, it works out, and everything seems connected.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alessandro said...

Hi John, I'm Alex,I'm italian and I was tring to find the exact sentence of this film. Thank you!
I think that wherever we are, whatever we do there are lots of reasons to consider this sentence a wonderful example of wisdom's distillate.
Bye Bye!

October 5, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home